At GemPool we are currently seeking a strong experienced Data Center Technician to support both company-specific servers as well as servers onsite at customer data centers. The ideal candidate balances strong technical (Hardware, IT, and Cabling Management) skills, is highly analytical with superior attention to detail, is self-motivated, and has a positive, humble ‘results-driven’ attitude.
This person will serve as a mentor and trainer to other Service technicians in the field.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ideally a candidate will be an adept in both Hardware troubleshooting, cabling, and IT related skills. However, a subject matter expert in one field will be considered if the individual has the aptitude and skills to become an expert in multiple areas.Hardware Related Skills:
IT Related Skills:
- Exceptional server hardware knowledge with deep understanding of all component & system type failures
- Proven RCA or Failure analysis history
- Experienced in controlled experiments to determine root cause.
- Assist in conducting failure analysis on field issues until root cause
- Controlled testing of suspect hardware, system, or firmware
- Engagement of internal engineering departments and the customer
- Proactively and reactively support field deployments globally
- Maintaining deployment equipment, image, and software
- Learning new products in the production or lab environment
- New Product Introduction training for site leads and technicians in the field.
- Assisting field technicians to resolve known and unknown issues in real time.
- Assist in tracking server fleet health to investigate trends, new unknown issues, and validate that Veritas is maintaining customer SLA.
- Solid experience with IPMI utilization in diagnostics and with the following tools
- Required: FIO, IPMItool (IPMItool)
- Preferred: Prime95, Coretemp, Smartctl, ARCCONF or MegaCLI, Memtest86
- Administering soft tools (e.g.: diagnostics, tests, FW updates)
- Real-time issue resolution during deployment execution
- Working knowledge of deployment technologies such as WDS, PXE, DHCP & FTP
- Experienced with Windows Server OS & WinPE OS administration
- Experienced with Linux PXE services.
- Network troubleshooting of Layer-1, Layer-2, Layer-3
- Basic Linux and Windows scripting experience
- Virtual Machine set up and environment configurations
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent experience
- CompTIA Server+ or equivalent experience
- CCENT or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience
- Associate degree in computer science, computer engineering, Information technology or equivalent experience
- CCNA certification
- MCP/MSCE certification
- Scripting experience - Powershell, Python, Bash
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a world class company. If you would be interested please apply to the link provided or submit your CV to email@example.com