Data Centre Installation Engineer
Contract: 6 Months
Location: Eemshaven, Netherlands
Support the installation of new racks/cabinets, Optical and Router equipment and/or retrofit existing equipment. Installations to conform to Company Standards following MOP’s and within defined Process and Procedures. Installation background with DC Power, AC Power, Rectifiers, Grounding, Structured Cabling.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Backgrounds with detailed Engineering, Infrastructure diagrams and MOPS.
- Experience with installation of Rectifiers, Fuse Panels, Patch Panels (high density fiber patch panels) experience with the installation of racks, cabinets on raised floors, slap floors.
- Experience with unistrut installation.
- Experience with installation of DC power cable(s) and landing on Mini-BDFB’s and all related safety procedures. Understanding of grounding requirements for equipment, racks and facilities grounding.
- Experience with the installation, terminating and testing of data centre interlink cabling (ie copper and fibre optic cable).
- Experience with fault finding network cabling, ability to trace and test connections and resolve issues utilising optical light source and power meter.
- Experience with industry standard fiber cleaning procedures, bend radius and fiber running procedures, fiber management procedures.
- Experience with installation of multi vendor DWDM equipment. Installation experience with Infinera, ALU and Juniper equipment plus.
- Experience with retrofitting live equipment (ie cards, PICS, PEM’s, fan modules, SFP’s etc).
- Experience performing network migrations.
- Proficient using a laptop and windows applications such as MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Formal Education Degree in Electronics preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience of related installation, site audit, and site survey experience.