Role: Network Engineer (IP)
Term: 6-11 Months
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for outstanding Network Engineers to join our team on a contract basis 6-11, based onsite with a world leading IT company.
This job is based in a well-known industry giant. They currently boast one of the most sophisticated Networks in the world. For the contract, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven Engineers. The company is continually evolving and is a place where motivated people thrive and where you will take ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
- Decommission network infrastructure across all network fabrics
- Remove servers from the cloud network to allow space for new servers and bring servers and network devices to end of life
- Create and improve simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality of delivery.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
- Develop your own ways and means to automate away any common or repeatable tasks.
- Solid knowledge of IP Networking fundamentals such as BGP, OSPF and other R&S technologies would be critical.
- Some experience/knowledge of network automation
- Ideally have studied or worked with Python - need to read scripts (not develop or write them)
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment,
- Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges and articulate technical solutions through abstract thinking
This is an exciting opportunity to work onsite with some of the best Engineers in the World. You will be challenged and excited by the work and sheer scale of the Network. If you would be interested please submit your CV to the link provided to arrange a call with Robert.