We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join GemPools contract team onsite in one of the largest companies in the world that boasts one of the largest and most sophisticated Networks in the world.
We are looking for forward thinking Engineers who will be responsible for inventing the networks of the future so our engineers require a deep background in network hardware, routing protocols and designing large scale networks. The ideal candidate for this team would have a knowledge of ASICs, optics and router system design as well as extensive experience designing and implementing routings protocols such BGP and OSPF. We're interested in engineers with experience having designed, operated, and implemented networks of very large scale. We're looking for those who have pushed platforms and protocols to their limits. You will join the Data Center Network Engineering team looking into the large fleet of network devices to create space for new equipment. The role is IP based so experience working with the relevant layers is essential.
Ideally we are looking for people with:
· 4+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
· Knowledge and experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
· Knowledge and experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
· Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
· Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.