Software Development Team Lead
You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis. As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Job Description
- Guide team development efforts.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear team goals
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code (code reviews).
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Suggest and organize team building activities
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- SQL knowledge (MySQL specifically, indexing, scaling, etc.)
- Proficient with git, Docker, Jenkins
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with AWS, microservices
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience with automated testing
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and extern