Principal Software Engineer
GemPool is currently recruiting for a Principal Software Engineer for a client located in South County Dublin.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years’ experience.
The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in cloud computing, data analysis, and algorithms. You will be working in a high performing engineering team that enjoys solving extremely challenging problems. Technical Skills:
- Kafka or Hadoop
- NoSQL database exposure
- Exposure to microservices
- AWS experience
- Experience with EMR is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Spark
- 8+ years’ experience working in a role using Java or similar Object-oriented language.
- Past experience using a NoSQL database (MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j, Cassandra, etc.)
- Exposure to Kafka, Hadoop, or Spark
- Experience working in an iterative agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Hands-on work ethic – take responsibility, show initiative, get things done.
There are competitive salaries and benefits on offer.