Role: IT Support Technician
Location: Ballycoolin, Dublin
Salary: €35,000 - €40,000
At GemPool we are seeking a highly motivated and tech savvy IT Support Technician to join our growing team working onsite with our client. As the IT Support Technician, you will provide technical support to all employees for PC, server, hardware and software applications. You will manage SCCM, security patching and antivirus whilst delivering and deploying IT solutions and projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support to all employees, troubleshooting and problem solving, ensuring correct operation of personal computers.
• Assist Administrators in rotational duties for the following (but not limited to) administration competencies:
- Network Administration (equipment maintenance, backups, daily checklists).
- Systems Administration (account maintenance, backups/restores, server maintenance).
- Business Systems Administration (documentation, process flows, CMRs, troubleshooting).
- Database Administration (daily checklists, backups, troubleshooting).
• Serve as the point of technical escalation.
• Monitor asset inventory.
• Verify back up, daily check list, account maintenance.
• Administer tape rotation - back up tapes.
• Identify and purchase hardware using the CER Process.
• Administer network hardware (enabling and disabling ports).
• Administer file services, Print Services and Terminal Servers.
• Follow all procedures around the ISS security policy.
• Provide end user training & technical assistance.
• Load and verify correct operation of software packages.
• Maintain inventory of computer parts and lo of all repairs/service performed.
• Provide training and technical assistance to users.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems). • Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
• Exchange knowledge and information with other facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the organization.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• BS/BA degree (Level 8) in Computer Science/ Information technology / Computer networking / Electronics / Mechatronics
• 1-2 years’ experience working as an IT support technician, or a similar role is required.
• Experience troubleshooting systems. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Install and configure hardware and software components
• Repair or replace damaged hardware.
• Experience managing network physical networks, cabling, switches, routers access points etc.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
• Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
• Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
• Experience working as part of IT project teams.
If you like the sound of this role and think you would be a suitable fit, apply on the link provided or contact email@example.com