At GemPool we are looking at getting someone onboard for one of America’s fastest growing private companies, with over 19 years of experience designing and building computing products right in the USA.
Our client is passionate about delivering the highest quality solutions and exceeding customer expectations, recognize leaders and talent and we truly believe that behind every quality
solution is a team of quality individuals.
The ideal candidate for this role balances strong technical skills, attention-to-detail, and a challenge driven attitude to resolve technical issues for sustaining and deployment activities.
L2/ L3 Technicians will also contribute in creating knowledge library, e.g. KB Articles, SOP etc. Additionally, the L3 tech will assist with new product introduction activities related to field services.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions :
- This position requires an on-site presence in Data Center environment.
- The Technician will provide technical support to Customer which will include:
- ✓ Break-fix support for new rack deployment
- ✓ Incident management support for sustain operations
- Project related support :
- ✓Any DC related activity as directed by Customer: some examples include : replace a Network Device, and configure a network device or a server. Also perform power cycle and patch management / cabling etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional server hardware knowledge with deep understanding of all component & system type failures.
- Participation in RCA or Failure analysis history & experienced in controlled experiments to determine root cause
- Proven experience in SW and FW tools of various Server OEMs
- Familiarity with deployment technologies such as WDS, PXE, DHCP & FTP.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server OS & Winpe OS administration.
- Working knowledge of Linux PXE services.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in investigation of issues
- Ability to regularly lift and move server systems that weigh up to 70 LBs
- Must be willing to adapt to a flexible work schedule
Minimum Qualifications (Education)
- Degree in a computer-related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 3 plus year of equivalent
- Computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications, or related discipline.
Preferred Certifications :
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent.
- CompTIA Server+ or equivalent.
- MCP/MCSE Certification is a plus
3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a world class company. If you would be interested please apply to the link provided or submit your CV to email@example.com