GemPool is working with a client who has been at the forefront of the digital revolution in insurance for over 30 years and has made it their mission to continually reinvent the consumer’s experience of buying insurance. They have recently set up a cloud-first greenfield project team and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer. Perhaps this could be the next tech job in IrelandJob Responsibilities
- Participate in full software development lifecycle including analysis, estimation, design, development and integration.
- Collaborate with technical architects, solution architects, business analysts and product management to develop business and technical requirements and designs to deliver high quality product services
- Develop and maintain API Services and interactive web applications working across the full application and data stack
- Develop software prototypes, evaluate emerging software technologies, and evaluate third party solutions
- Establish and promote software engineering best practices
- Contribute to the knowledge base. Expand and maintain the knowledge base so that it is always up to date.
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks
- Commit to getting the tasks done within the time you estimated
- 3+ years of software development experience using Java.
- 3+ years of experience using the Spring Framework including:
- Spring Boot
- Spring MVC
- Spring Data
- Spring Web
- Spring Security
- Experience in Database (Relational/Non Relational) and Networking.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Ability to use third party APIs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
If you're interested, apply above or email email@example.com for more info on IT careers