GemPool is an IT recruitment agency in Dublin and we are working with a client who has been at the forefront of the digital revolution in insurance for over 30 years. Our client has made it their mission to continually reinvent the consumer’s experience of buying insurance. They are looking for a Technical Lead. Job Responsibilities
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering features and bug fixes to a high standard.
- Manage, develop and mentor a team of technical experts responsible for the development and delivery of software solutions.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team(s) responsible for creating, implementing and performing continuous improvement.
- Champion process changes within Engineering and between stakeholder groups always looking to improve productivity and quality
- Lead development of System and Digital Services requirements based on customer, user and business requirements as defined by product management, including working with Architects on the selection of best suited infrastructure and technology ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing and future systems/platforms.
- Actively manage design reviews and risk analysis.
- Establish and promote software engineering best practices. Mentoring of engineers on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles
- Collaborate with solution architects, business analysts and product management to develop business and technical requirements and designs to deliver high quality product and customer solutions
- Produce design documentation to guide developers
- Work with Product Architect to provide estimates for new product features
- 7+ years development experience working on enterprise-level systems
- 2+ years experience leading software teams
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Database experience, ideally in Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server
If you're interested, apply above or call Cathal on 01 901 7820 for more info abour other IT careers.