Role: Data Center Operations Support Technician
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Start Date: November 2021
Duration: 6 Months
Shift Pattern: Day Time shifts, Morning Shifts, Afternoon Shifts, Night shifts
What you will be doing:
- The day to day tasks of the Data Center Operations Support Technician will be responsible for server break/fix repairs and other occasional tasks carried including Linux, networking, and/or hardware engineering which you will learn as you go with full support.
- You will use a Trouble Ticketing System, which will set out directed instructions for parts
replacement, which involves scanning the correct rack, host, and media before proceeding.
- You will deal with repetitive, low level repairs, as well as with severity 2 tickets, if this is
requested by the Data Center Operations Manager.
- You will work in a Secure environment and will need to abide the onsite Security standards. You will work in a Data Center where Safety is the main priority.
What you need to qualify for the role:
- Ideally have gained 1+ years of Computer/Server Hardware experience
- Ability to lift/move up to 20kg of equipment on a daily basis
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware
- Some basic knowledge of Linux and networking would be ideal
- Some knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies)
- Some copper and optical fiber cabling, switches, and routers.
This is a great opportunity to work onsite with one of the largest companies in the world onsite in their data Centres, widely known to be the most sophisticated data centres in the world. If you would be interested please submit your CV to the link provided or call Robert on +353 19017821