Network Deployment & Scaling caters for growing our existing network, and building future ones. This is increasingly achieved through automation, a 24x7 team, and a deep understanding of multiple fabrics to never leave a packet behind. There is an operational on-call rota in this team.
As a Network Support Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Retail Service, Payments and multiple cloud services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers. - Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education 8+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments. Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos. Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
Network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution