GemPool is currently looking for an entry-level Engineering Operations Technician to serve as a technical resource within a Data Center. Candidates for this position must be highly motivated, self-starter individuals who can adhere to a strict process. It’s a 24/7 critical environment on a 12-hour shift rotation.
You will be part of an operations team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/safety equipment within the Data Center.Responsibilities
- Ensure that facility equipment and monitoring systems are functioning properly by conducting site walkthroughs.
- Monitor all aspects of the Data Center, such as incidents/events, problems, and changes.
- Provide support to the operations team by maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems.
- Monitor mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems, such as generators, switchgear, UPS systems, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems.
- Able to work on a 24/7 shift rotation.
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment, such as switchgear, transformers, and power distribution panels.
- Working knowledge of mechanical room infrastructure, including chillers, cooler units, and fan controls.
- Certified in engineering (NCC).
- Able to use IT programs such as MS Word and Excel.
If this fits your skills apply here or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org