GemPool is an IT recruitment agency in Dublin and we work for one of the global leaders in the provision of easy-to use and powerful electronic new business and automated underwriting solutions that give life insurance companies the power to grow their business efficiently. They have been at the forefront of the digital revolution in insurance for over 30 years. Our client has made it their mission to continually reinvent the consumer’s experience of buying insurance. They are looking for a Product Owner
This position is Hybrid with 50% onsite working model. If you would like a confidential conversation please call Tanisha Barkakaty on +353 894995767 Role Description
The Product Owner plays a very important role within the Product Management team, bringing to fruition the aims and visions for the product suite. Working closely with both the Engineering team and with the customer teams, the successful candidate will manage the backlog of product requirements from all stakeholders and through planning, coordination, communication and facilitation take responsibility to deliver quality software product release providing maximum business value. Because of you and your team's work, you will enable Life Insurance companies to succeed in a new digital age and help more people around the world to get Life Insurance faster. Key responsibilities
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Work hand-in-hand with the members of the BI development team and be responsible for guiding the implementation of product features and the product road map.
- Gain a high level understanding of the business domain, product and system architecture.
- Talk to customers and internal stakeholders around the world to discover customer problems and identify requirements to meet their needs.
- Be the voice of the customer and work with design and engineering teams across all phases of product development: ideation, design, development and product rollout.
- Create, maintain and prioritize a backlog of clear and concise user stories.
- Work in an Agile development environment, planning iterations and releases to meet business objectives while effectively managing risk and scope.
- Coordinate launch of new product releases.
- Use data to make decisions - define KPIs, set goals, milestones, and benchmarks. Gather data, synthesize into themes, analyze to steer product direction.
- BA/BS in Product Management, Computer Science, Engineering or Business.
- Experience of Agile software development frameworks, back-end services and delivery of web-based solutions is essential.
- Experience in the Insurance industry, Direct to Consumer web application development would be beneficial.
If you think this job sounds interesting or want to hear about more IT jobs in Dublin, please apply or get in touch on email@example.com or call +353 19052946