Our client is the world’s largest video content marketplace that provides filmmakers, producers and creators with all the inspiring content and tools they need to deliver their creative projects. They are a venture-backed company funded by Stripes Group and Accel Partners with offices in Dublin, New York, London, Prague,and LA.
You are an ideal candidate if you are an expert PostgreSQL Database Specialist (DBA), who can lead decisions relating to their database systems and server architecture. If you are enthusiastic about the RDBMS and SQL, database performance monitoring, provisioning, security, have good hands-on RDBMS architecture knowledge, and have good knowledge about software development and deployment processes, this is your job!
This Database Administrator job is based primarily out of the Dublin office but the role will be remote with a fully flexible approach so qualified applicants from nearby locations will also be considered. If you would like a confidential conversation please call Tanisha Barkakaty on +353 1 905 2946 or email on email@example.com
- Working closely with the Development teams to support testing, UAT/release management and also database changes
- Actively be a part of the company’s Agile methodology practices
- Thinking creatively to improve data manipulation and architecture
- Define solutions to tackle potential system redundancy, failover and also enabling disaster recovery
- Day to day running of scheduled tasks
- Consistently looking for ways to improve the automated monitoring process of their databases and system security
- Minimum 3 of years experience working with Postgres or any vendor RDBMS
- Should be an expert with SQL
- Knowledge on NoSQL and MySQL databases is advantageous
- Should be well versed with monitoring softwares like Sensu, Prometheus, Grafana
- Should have experience with Data transformation and Security as well as Performance Tuning, High Availability and Failover.
- Should have good knowledge on product life cycle and deliverables
- Should have experience working in an Agile environment with a diverse development team
- Should be able to work on own and have the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Should have sharp attention to detail, be persistent, be highly organised and should be able to work in collaboration with a dynamic team
- Should be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
Some of their Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and holiday programme
- Generous pension program
- Healthcare and dental (including family cover)
- Risk Insurance including death in service and disability cover
- Equipment needed for work
- Commuter ticket/bike to work scheme
- Many more….
If you think this Database Administrator job sounds interesting or want to hear about more data & database administrator jobs in Dublin, please apply or get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 19052946.