GemPool are currently looking for a exceptional and passionate back-end Software Engineer to contribute to the success of a Dublin IT team. If you’re ready to take on a huge challenge in a company where you can make a great impact, then I want to hear from you. Responsibilities
- Contribute to a variety of projects within the web team, from websites, APIs, bug fixing, building new features etc.
- Help enhancing Agile / Lean processes and methodologies to ensure stability, performance and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other members of the team in a very collaborative environment.
- Develop new features and Develop platform improvements.
- Participate in the creation of the system's architecture.
- Participate in the maintenance of the systems.
- Solve issues and ensure solutions work via automated testing.
- Participate in regular code reviews and team knowledge sharing activities.
- Drive code releases.
- 6 years of PHP experience.
- You have extensive experience with Symfony/Laravel/Zend frameworks and you have worked building interfaces to provide reliable SaaS to your clients.
- You understand that software needs to be properly tested, you think that creating proper automated testing is part of the development. The terms TDD, BDD, unit/contract/api/integration tests are familiar to you, most of them are part of your day to day.
- You have deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and have extensive knowledge of relational databases like MySQL.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven stakeholder management experience with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- You are a team player and you like to share your knowledge with your peers.
- You challenge yourself every day to make things in a better way, you always try to find an excuse to use a new technology or tool.
If you feel this is the right role for you, apply here or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org