Software Development Manager
Our client is a software company that is the marker leader in their industry in Ireland. This company has developed exceptional software that has a tangible impact on the success of their customers. Located in Cork, but working to a highly flexible model, they are looking to hire a Software Development Manager to join their established team. This IT job can be done from anywhere in Ireland, so long as you can show up in the office when needed (e.g. once a quarter).
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to make a step up in terms of their leadership responsibilities. The team is well established so you will support and mentor the members of the team and be a vehicle for their growth and development.
You will ideally come from an Oracle software house. Having exposure to Oracle Fusion Middleware is important in this role. While it’s not a hands-on coding role, you should be fluent with the technologies they use and be able to provide code reviews and guidance, technically.
A big part of this role is taking ownership of probably the most strategically important project for the business right now. This is the migration of their customers from on-prem to the cloud. If you have done this before, it will be highly advantageous.
The culture of this business is an important consideration also. They stay very close to their customers and have fostered a strong collaborative team that really likes working together and hanging out socially. This speaks very loudly to how they treat each other within the business.
If you want to hear more about this role then please contact Michael Lantry on +353 87 7546 331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Key responsibilities:
- Drive the cloud migration project
- Lead the team of Software Engineers and QA
- Find improvements to processes and performance – continuous improvement is especially important to this business
- Work to Agile best practices
- 2+ years in a leadership role – as Team Lead, Tech Lead of Soft Dev Manager
- Expert technical knowledge of Oracle Forms and Reports and other Oracle technologies
- Track record working with cloud-based infrastructure design and migrations projects to the cloud
- Growth mindset where you value learning and development above being the best
For more information about this Software Engineering Manager job and other IT jobs, please contact Michael Lantry on +353 87 7546 331 or email email@example.com.