Introduction to the role
At Gempool, we are seeking a Senior Security Engineering Manager to work with a leading provider of online international checkouts in the eCommerce industry. This exciting company works with some of the world’s leading brands, providing online services that manage local payment, logistics, and online checkouts.
With global expansion underway, several of the company’s security functions are being centralised and essentially your job will be to lead and manage these teams as the successful candidate. You will be employed to drive architecture, development, and operations of the company’s security services, which are all largely Azure platform based..
The company are set up as a Scaled Agile delivery house and as the Senior Security Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of security developers and operational analysts.
- Security architectural experience of working with protecting large scale applications deployed into the Azure Cloud.
- Significant experience in application and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography and security testing strategies
- Experience working with PCI DSS & ISO 27001 an advantage.
- Consult software development teams in the design and architecture of secure systems.
- Collect, identify, and develop best practices for specific security-related problems. Collaborate cross functions to support planning and road-map prioritisation.
- Anticipate security challenges and define strategy through long term planning.
- Experience coordinating and performing vulnerability assessments using automated and manual tools
- Integrate security in the DevOps culture.
- Identify and understand inherent, systemic high-risk security issues that could lead to security incidents.
- Design, prototype, support, and validate scalable security solutions to eliminate systemic issues, including prototyping new security tools, evaluating/validating existing security tools,automation enhancements to support and improving existing product security tools: SAST, DAST and SCA.
- Drive security product management from planning to delivery and continuous iteration
- Identify, prioritize, and help implement security improvements that maximize security while keeping developers productive.
- Supports the definition and review of architectural standards and control requirements.
- Identifies areas of exposure and potential improvement.
- Close collaboration with Architecture team, provide guidance and support
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure a harmonized security posture across theirenvironment.
- Engage customers, partners and internal stakeholders to determine business requirements,technical considerations and strategic objectives.
- Review and analyse vulnerability data to identify security risks to the organizationsnetwork, infrastructure, and applications.
- Upskill developers in security requirements like for example the OWASP Top 10.
- Support the preparation of security vulnerability and risk management reports for management.
- Deep Problem solving – the ability to analyse a business or technical problem and select the most appropriate solutions.
- Compliance to include legal/statutory, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations relating to security
.What’s in it for you?
- Career growth – tailored learning & development, tuition assistance and professional
- Health & Wellbeing – dental & health insurance, reduced corporate gym membership, paid sick leave.
- Work Life Balance – 25 days annual leave, flexible working, sports & social club.
- Family – paid maternity & paternity leave, life assurance, income disability cover.
- Financial – competitive salary, pension, bike to work, travel TaxSaver, relocation assistance.
If you like the look of this role then feel free to apply below or call Lee on 019 017 826