GemPool are currently recruiting for a General Manager for a client located in South County Dublin.
Our Client is an Agritech business company specialising in software for animal welfare. They are well established in the Irish market as well as in the UK. Are you passionate about the agriculture industry? Do you have a background in technology? This role is suited to someone who wants to help drive new product development as well as growing a tech company.
Our client is strongly backed, and you would be tasked with driving the company forward, growing and bringing new product offerings to the market. You will ideally have worked in agritech before, with an understanding of how to build software products.
This position combines both technical expertise and people management skills. The ideal candidate will have over 10 years of experience, 3 of which will be at managerial level. Key Responsibilities
- Define and implement the strategic direction of the business
- Identify the technical roadmap for new product development
- Manage the implementation of the roadmap in order to bring new products to the market
- Work with existing customers to increase user engagement and satisfaction
- Enhance the existing product offering to drive more value for the customer
- Work with the team to grow and expand the business
- Work closely with their selected vendors and partner relationships to ensure the successful adoption of the products.
What you have done in the past
- Proven design skill
- Proven technical ability to implement and deliver complex features
- Good communication skills to liaise with various departments and colleagues efficiently
- Personal initiative to create best practice solutions
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks
- Good team worker
Nice to have
- 5+ years working on software products, ideally working with hardware also
- Led others in the delivery of technical roadmaps
- Motivated and led team members to strive for excellence
- Been involved in strategy planning and implementation
- Been engaged in technical meetings and brainstorming sessions, contributing to constant innovation
- Degree in Agricultural Science or Animal Science
You must be someone who has self-drive, ambition and work ethic. You will have the opportunity to lead by example and set the standard of how software is built, and how customers are treated. Hopefully you are someone who is always looking for new ways to improve processes, increase value for the customer and grow the business. Having a strong commercial acumen to accompany your technical knowledge will be really important. What is on offer
- The chance to be involved in ground-breaking solutions in the agritech industries next giant leap
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working environment
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you.
There is a competitive salary on offer for this position. For more information please contact me by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01-9017822.