Head of Design
Director of UX
Our client is in the leader in aesthetic medicine in Europe. Their recently established Technology Division requires a strong design director to lead the product design on a set of new green field products and to build out a high performing design team from scratch. This is a greenfield project that will give you the opportunity to shape the products, culture, and processes of their Technology Division. The big opportunity here lies in creating amazing experiences for our client's consumers via app and web portals for booking, retail sales and loyalty.
You will form the leadership team of the technology division alongside directors of product and engineering reporting into the CTO. The first 6 months of this job will be all about building teams and getting some product initiatives off the ground. A key part of this role will be attracting the best designers in the market, we want to build a world class team!
The technology group will be working using autonomous agile development teams made up of a product manager, product designer and engineers. Teams will be given an area of the system to own and will be responsible for delivering and end to end experience for everything they build. This means design will be at the center of all development work.
This will be a fast paced environment where modern product discovery practices are used to determine the best ways to deliver value to our users. Designers will be expected to rapidly prototype and test ideas and experiences, conducting on site user research and testing all to determine the best ways to delight users and achieve the team goals. As this project involves booking and eCommerce, design will be critical to driving conversion rates through seamless user flows.
As the leader of the design function, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the culture and working practice of a brand new, progressive design team. You will instill the best practices in user research and testing to make sure that the features we build are intuitive to what users expect. You will also set out a design vision and visual direction for the product, coaching the designers you hire to deliver a product experience that looks and feels fantastic. This will be a hands-on role where you will guide by doing and showing the best practices to team members. Especially as we get this group set up in the early days the role will involve hands on design work and as the team grows the need for hands on will reduce.
- A strong portfolio of design from UX and flows to the visual design of features which were put into users hands.
- Experience and evidence of impacting conversion rates through design.
- Experience showing the impact of design on business outcomes, for example increasing conversion rates or reducing support issues as a result of your work.
- Experience hiring and managing a team of designers to a high level.
- Comfortable setting the design direction for a product, as the leader you will be expected to set the vision for where we want the systems design to go.
- You have built products that look and feel fantastic, from early research, user journeys and moving from UX to the visual design of the required features.
- You are very comfortable rapidly iterating on prototypes.