GemPool are an IT recruitment agency who are working with innovative payment processing company that is building the next generation of capabilities that powers their merchant-first ecosystem. They are looking for a highly motivated individual to join their team as a Senior Software Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing backend, service, and portal systems that reside on our payment processing platforms. As part of a dynamic and exciting development center, you will engage with a variety of languages, frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilizing state-of-the-art software techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development, and CI/CD.
Our client is passionate about small teams, big things and promoting a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. They encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues, and master your craft. They develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by their merchants and their team members collaborate to build the right things the right way.Key Responsibilities:
- Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high-quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time.
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks.
- Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data center.
- 6+ years in a Software Engineering position.
- Strong experience with C# .Net software development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in server-side product development.
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Proven experience working in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently.
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for solving real-world challenges and a desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This role allows you to work remotely from the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in this role or it contracting roles please reach out