GemPool is an IT recruitment agency in Dublin and we are working with a client who has reached an excellent milestone in the energy space. They are looking for a Database Developer to join their amazing team!
This Database Developer job is Hybrid ( 2 days in office) with a very flexible approach. If you would like a confidential conversation please call Tanisha Barkakaty on +353 1 905 2946.Job Responsibilities
- Creating all database objects such as tables, queries, stored procedures, triggers, indices, constraints, views, and user-defined functions in a SQL Server environment.
- Maintaining and updating existing legacy database functionality.
- ETL and data acquisition development and maintenance from multiple data sources (Web Service, FTP, xml, CSV).
- Design and maintain efficient data structures to store time series data, complex commodity market and industry data, trade transaction data etc.
- Working with trading team and other software developers to analyze user requirements and deliver database functionality to align with these needs.
- Primary Degree in a related field (computer science, STEM)
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a related role
- Advanced MS SQL Server experience, including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy, etc.
- Experience with enterprise-scale ETL solutions such as SSIS (Creating packages, automate jobs)
- Experience in a relevant programming language (e.g. Python, C# etc.)
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST web services is a must
- Experience in BI tools for creating reports and visualizations from large datasets (e.g. Power BI, Tableau etc.) is desirable.
- Experience in a trading environment, especially in the SEM or GB energy markets is desirable.
- Matching pension contributions
- Self-directed training budget
- Performance-based bonus