Role: Optical Network Development Engineer
Salary: €70,000 - €115,000
Duration: 9 months
Here at GemPool, we are working with our client who is searching for someone who is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build and rollout our global Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) networks
- Drive scaling current DWDM designs to meet the demand of our customers
- Create processes that help operate and build our DWDM network
- Work closely with other Networking departments on new designs
- Evaluate and implement alternative DWDM equipment
- Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
- Review and implement changes on the DWDM network
- Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience with the rollout and maintenance of large DWDM networks and optical network technologies.
- 3+ years experience with optical planning and modelling tools, optical troubleshooting and design.
- 3+ years of experience in an Optical Network Operations/Deployment/Design role.
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting DWDM/Optical system.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
- Excellent and in-depth knowledge of optical technologies.
- Good working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals.
- Knowledge of SNMP, TL1 or XML-based management protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major DWDM platforms.
- Experience with optical planning and modeling tools
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the operational support of large DWDM networks
- Strong Unix skills and the ability to script/program in a language are desirable.
- Good knowledge of L2 switching and L3 routing is desirable
If you like the sound of this role and think you are suitable, please apply on the link provided, or call Mark on 01-9052945.