Role: IT System Administrator
Location: Dublin, North Docks
Start Date: ASAP
At Gempool, We are looking to recruit an experienced Systems Administrator to work with a leading global betting exchange.
Your role will be to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links.
The client operates an office based network running Windows Active Directory supporting c. 80 Windows 10 Clients and 50 Windows Servers 2012R2/2016/2019. It is 24 x 7 working environment running proprietary trading systems which demand high availability / low latency network and internet performance.
- Manage and administrate all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software.
- Manage communications and connection solutions, including local area networks, company website, intranet, and Internet applications.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of host computers, multiple databases and data transfer.
- Deploy and maintain firewalls, cryptography systems, and all host security activities.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user desktops
- Office 365 and Teams administration
- Azure Portal – Active Directory, Storage Account management etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory - user/Machine accounts, permissions, access rights, DNS, DHCP, group policies etc
- Experience of building and managing servers both physical and virtual, preferably HP.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP network protocol - ip addressing, subnet masking etc.
- Install and configure internal messaging, phones and printer systems.
- Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Perform system backups
.Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in system administration, networking, or related capacity
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Certifications in Microsoft and Cisco preferred.
- Amazon AWS – preferable but any cloud experience desirable
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Cisco and Microsoft VPN solutions, ftp, http, ssl and dns.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Platform Monitoring Tools e.g., SolarWinds, Syslog, Netflow
- Familiar with network security software ie Nmap , Nessus, Wireshark
- Scripting experience – PowerShell
- Windows Server 2016+
If you like the look of this role feel free to apply below or call Lee on 019 017 826