Getting around Dublin
Dublin is a great city to get around supported by fantastic public transport links! Below are the most used methods of transport:
With some of the best schools and colleges in the world, Ireland is one of the highest ranking countries in Europe when it comes to Education:
Getting set up - some important links:
- Itsyourmoney.ie – Helping you make better money decisions
- Revenue Website – Irish tax & Customs
- Department of Social Protection Website – Site contains information on benefits available
- Department of Foreign Affairs
- Department of Justice & Law Reform
- Citizens Advise – Public Service Information for Ireland (includes information on working in Ireland)
- Daft.ie – Ireland’s biggest property website (property for sale and to let in Ireland )
Getting set up - your PPS number
If you are moving to Ireland to work you will need to register for a PPS Number (Personal Public Service). Your Personal Public Service Number (PPS Number) is a unique reference number that helps you access social welfare benefits, public services and information in Ireland. State agencies that use PPS Numbers to identify individuals include the Department of Social Protection, the Revenue Commissioners and the Health Service Executive (HSE).
Ireland by the numbers
Ireland - Europe’s Internet & IT Capital
- In the last few years Ireland has become a hub for IT companies and software giants from around the globe.
- Last year Ireland played host to the Dublin Web Summit in which global leaders of huge online companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin all gathered in Ireland.
- This marked Irelands claim at becoming the Internet capital of the world!
- As well as those mentioned, everyday new international companies are setting up in Ireland, from small start ups to large multinational giants.
- Utilising Ireland’s skilled technical talent these companies have seen massive growth and success and continue to hire due to increasing product demand!
- To find out more about this – Dublin Web Summit
What we can offer you?
Along with a highly skilled workforce and the highest education standards, Ireland offers international companies a highly attractive corporation tax rate of 12.5% meaning the most successful IT companies in the world are based here: Google, Facebook, Ebay, PayPal, Microsoft, Vodafone and etc.This rate is well below our European neighbors with the UK rate ranging between 26-28%.
These are some of the most in-demand IT jobs in Ireland
- Linux / Unix engineering
- Android / iPhone Development
- Network Engineering
- QA/Automation Testing
- Web Development
- Database Administration
Find more IT jobs in Ireland
Relocating to Ireland
If you are considering a move to Ireland the best place to start is by doing some research using popular websites: